My Blog__ My New Favorite Words
These two words are great. So great that I've added them to my everyday vocabulary.
intr.v. swooned, swoon·ing, swoons
1. To faint.
2. To be overwhelmed by ecstatic joy.
1. A fainting spell; syncope.
2. A state of ecstasy or rapture.
intr.v. blushed, blush·ing, blush·es
1. To become red in the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame; flush.
2. To become red or rosy.
3. To feel embarrassed or ashamed: blushed at his own audacity.
1. A reddening of the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame.
2. A red or rosy color: the blush of dawn.
3. A glance, look, or view: thought the painting genuine at first blush.
Artwork entitled 'Blush' by Leigh Viner