Featured__ DIY Salt Water Spray For Beachy Waves
There’s really nothing like those perfect waves you get when spending a day at the beach. You’ve tried every gel and mousse you can find to recreate them at home, but the secret to effortless beach waves is the salt water. While you can buy products that mimic ocean water, you can just as easily make your own.
What You’ll Need:
Aloe vera gel
What To Do:
- Fill your spray bottle with hot water
- Add 2 tablespoons epsom salts, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon aloe vera and ½ teaspoon conditioner
- Add anything else you like, such as lemon juice if you want to lighten your hair or essential oil to add a scent
- Put the cap on the bottle and shake until all the salt is dissolved, at least two minutes
- Store at room temperature (unless you added lemon) for up to three months
How To Use:
Just spray on your hair right out of the shower and scrunch with a towel or cotton t-shirt for loose, beachy waves. You can also spray directly onto dry roots to add volume and texture mid-day.