Get Fit__ The Only Move You Need To Prep For Crop Top Season
Admit it. We're all looking for one or two no-fail easy moves to add to our routine. Luckily we can go right to the source: Mari Winsor, Pilates movement leader, and founder/owner of Winsor Pilates studio, who has earned legions of fans with her highly effective body sculpting workouts. She told Elle she swears by Criss-Cross crunches, which “engage all of your abdominal muscles, especially your obliques.” Your obliques frame your waist, which is why you target those to sculpt it down, but without a clean diet those defined abs won’t be seen by anyone!
Here’s how to twist the perfect Criss-Cross from Mari Winsor via Elle:
- Lie flat on your back with your whole spine on the mat. Take a moment to lengthen the spine and relax your neck.
- Put both hands behind your hand either stacked (one hand on top of the other), or with your fingertips by your ears. Make sure your shoulders are down and your elbows are open.
- Bring both legs up to a 90 degree angle.
- Bring your right leg in towards your chest, extending your left leg out to a 45 degree angle from the floor. At the same time, twist your upper body to the right, meeting your left elbow to your right knee and hold for two counts.
- Switch. As you bring in your left leg into your chest, extend your right leg out while twisting your upper body to the left meeting your right shoulder to our left knee and hold for two counts.
- Repeat for a total of 5 reps on each side.